A homemade version of your favourite Chicken Doner Kebab! Tastes remarkably similar to the diner kebab meat from your favourite takeout store.
350g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp baking powder
300g natural yoghurt (+ extra for serving)
1 sliced onion
2 minced garlic cloves
8 sliced chicken thighs
1 sachet Spicentice - doner kebab flavour
1 pot of hummus
1 shredded lettuce
6 sliced tomatoes
- Mix doner kebab sachet in a bowl with chicken, onion and garlic. Leave in fridge to marinate for 2-12 hrs.
- Add flour, baking powder and yoghurt to a bowl and mix together with a spoon.
- Dust a clean work surface with flour, then tip out the dough.
- Knead then divide the dough into 12 equal pieces.
- Use your hands to flatten the dough then a rolling pin to shape.
- Add a little butter to a griddle pan and cook each flatbread on high for 1-2 mins each side.
- In a separate pan fry the chicken mix.
- Serve chicken on a flatbread with hummus, lettuce, tomatoes and yoghurt.