A refreshingly different way to enjoy our delicious butcher steaks.
2 tbsp olive oil
8 oz rump steak
2 slices of bacon, chopped
1 red onion, diced
1 tbsp butter
1/4 bottle white wine
1 beef stock cube
1/2 tbsp black pepper
2 crushed garlic cloves
3 large mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp mustard
150ml heavy cream
2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Add bacon, seasoned steak and 1tbsp oil to a skillet and sear for 2 mins on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Bring a large pan of water with a little salt to the boil, add pasta and cook al-dente.
- Fry onion with the remaining oil. Add butter and
- mushrooms to the onion pan. Cook until the mushrooms have turned golden.
- Add white wine and cook until reduced by half. Add beef broth, black pepper, garlic, mustard and heavy cream.
- Bring to a simmer then reduce heat.
- Reserve a cup of the pasta cooking water and drain the pasta.
- Add pasta to the sauce along with cooking water, place back on a medium heat and stir to combine.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain and then add it to the skillet along with any meat juices.
- Stir well and serve immediately with a parsley garnish.