600g diced aubergine
3 tbsp olive oil
2 sliced onions
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can coconut milk
pinch of sugar
1/2 pack coriander
COOK pea pilau rice to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Toss the aubergines in 2 tbsp olive oil, season and roast for 20 mins.
- Heat the remaining oil and cook onions until soft. Stir in the garlic and spices, for a few mins until the spices release their aromas.
- Tip in the tomatoes, coconut milk and roasted aubergines, bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 20-25 mins, removing the lid for the final 5 mins to thicken the sauce. Add seasoning and a pinch of sugar.
- Stir through most of the coriander. Serve over COOK pea pilau rice and scatter with remaining coriander.