100g plain chocolate broken into pieces
3 large eggs
225g caster sugar
100g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
1tsp vanilla extract
200g of assorted chocolate bars and treats, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C/160F/Gas 4 and line a 20cm square cake tin with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and plain chocolate in a glass bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Do not let the bottom of the bowl touch the water and do not stir them together. Set aside until cool but not solid.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together for 5 mins using an electric whisk. It’s ready when it is pale, thick and doubled in size.
- Sift over the flour and cocoa and fold together lightly. Gently stir the butter and chocolate until combined, fold into the whisked mixture with the vanilla extract.
- Add the chopped chocolates and bake for 35-40 mins until the brownie is risen and set and starting to come away from the paper.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.