There’s nothing like eggs for breakfast after a big night out, especially when paired with a hot tomato sauce to wake up your taste buds and warm up your tummy.
225g diced chorizo
1 chopped onions
2 sliced red peppers
3 sliced garlic cloves
1 tsp smoked paprika, dried oregano, ground cumin & chilli powder
2 x 400g tins plum tomatoes
400g kidney beans
200g bag spinach
4 medium eggs
15g pack chopped coriander
1 sliced green chilli
- Fry the chorizo in a deep pan for 5 mins.
- Add the onion and peppers, cook until softened.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Add the garlic and dry seasonings. Stir in the tinned tomatoes and kidney beans, breaking the tomatoes up with the spoon. Season generously and cook for 10mins until reduced to a thick sauce.
- Check the seasoning of the tomato sauce then add spinach, gently stirring until it wilts. Use a spoon to make 4 wells and crack an egg in each well, season each egg.
- Bake in the oven for 5-8 mins
- Scatter with coriander and chillis then enjoy with guacamole and bread (optional).