200g self-raising flour
50g caster sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
Sunflower oil or butter for cooking
Mix together the self-raising flour, sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
Beat the eggs with the milk, make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in the milk to make a thick smooth batter.
- Gently stir in most of the blueberries.
- Heat a teaspoon of sunflower oil or small knob of butter in a small frying pan.
- Use a ladle to drop a large amount of batter into the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes over a medium heat until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then turn and cook another 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Cover with kitchen paper to keep warm while you use up the rest of the batter.
- Using a masher, squash the remaining blueberries slightly and heat in the frying pan with syrup. Serve your pancakes and pour the blueberry syrup over the top.